Monday, September 23, 2013

pledge for organ donation today!


Organ donation. 

So many debates revolving around them but one thing for sure is our ultimate intention in donating our organs.

"One who saved a life would be as if he has saved the lives of all mankind."
(Qur'an 5:32)


Based on the statistics up to August this year, that's only last month, there are only about 0.8% out of the entire population of the nation who have actually pledged their organs. You see, that's not even 1%, how sad is that? I'm not sure what's the cause, I guess this will need to undergo a survey, but I would think that this would have to do with the people's traditional beliefs of wanting to preserve the body as it is when it goes into the grave. That's just my guess. I mean, when I pledged for my organ donation in 2009, it took me 2 years to finally tell my parents about it. You see, I understand that not everybody is comfortable giving away a part of themselves to others that easily. Especially if it involves part of their family members. My mom was surprised but that's it. 

So please pledge your organs for donation in the name of saving mankind. You can pledge at any age, in fact the youngest person to pledge was 25 days old, however if you're still below 18, you would need your parents's consent. 

Do visit their website for more information (seriously a lot of details here) at http://www.dermaorgan.gov.my/ and follow them via Instagram/Twitter/G+/tumblr/Youtube/Facebook/pinterest/issuee 
under @dermaorgan 

They just launched their website and video last week and are having a walkathon on 5th October 2013 in view of Organ Donation Awareness Week, at Monumen Alaf Baru, Precint 2, Putrajaya. 



This is one cause I've been wanting to do since I was a teenager and I finally got that chance to pledge as a donor when I was working in my previous company. 

How does that feel? Pure contentment!


I couldn't agree more. 

Spread this, spread love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment