Wednesday, September 18, 2013

can i see your phone?


A few days ago, MixFM had this interesting topic open for discussion on their morning show. I loveee their morning show because honestly, I love to hear Sarimah in her Irish accent. Hehe.

Anyway, on the topic. 

Would you check your spouse's/bf-gf's handphone/Facebook account/email just to confirm that there's no hanky panky going on behind you?

Most of the callers who called in said that yes, they would. Simply because, they need to know and confirm. One caller even confessed that she had broken up with her boyfriend the day before because of what she found in his phone messages. 

At work, I asked my colleagues the same the question. Most of the guys don't mind their phones being checked, but not their wallet. Still that doesn't really answer the question, but I guess, that's just something guys don't want to share. On the other hand, my lady boss gave a simple but meaningful answer.

She said that, if there really is something going on with her husband and a third person, ultimately if Allah wills it, you will definitely get the answer, without having to invade their privacy. I have read/heard of this somewhere, and saya setuju!

Actually, this topic's close to my heart. Sure, I got what I wanted to know but did I benefit anything from it? No. In fact it made things worse. And I've learnt my lesson. One tough lesson it was.

Or perhaps, this is His way of showing? :)

Additionally, I'd like to share some words of wisdom from 2 sheikhs that I respect,  in view of the above situation.

#1 Sheikh Hamza Yusuf

Only thing that reduces anxiety is by certainty (Yaqeen), and knowing that everything that happens is only because of Allah, and you’re in good hands

#2 Sheikh Mirza Yawar Baig

Tawakkul is to know, not believe; know, that Allah hears, sees and answers and that we don't need to ask anyone else after asking Him


Makes perfect sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment