Thursday, June 20, 2013

superhero


The joy of being an only daughter 
XD


Do you know that the Chinese believe that daughters are their father's girlfriend from a previous life? That is why daughters tend to be closer to their dads than they are to their mothers. 

When I was a teenager, I was closer to my father because we could talk about a lot of things. Papa built his success from scratch and he gave a lot of advice on how to study and he even shared his experiences of studying one of the toughest subject of all time - law. Can't believe he actually recorded his own voice of narrating the Acts and played them back so he could memorize them faster o_O

And because it makes me happy to see my father happy, my only goal growing up was to excel in my studies, which went along fine until I went to the university - but thank God I survived :P

Honestly, I owe everything to Allah and my parents's blessings. 

One thing I notice about my father throughout the years was how he reacted towards his ups and downs. I know, I have been writing a little bit about it in some of my entries.  Thing is, doesn't matter whether he has the money or not, one thing that remains constant until now, is how humble he is. What varies is how people react towards him when he was at the pinnacle of success and when he was at the lowest point of his life. The things people do (or don't do) when they are in need (or not) *sigh*

Talking about success, the other day, I was having dinner with some well-to-do families, and all they talk about were cars, wealth and businesses. We were also seated with the less fortunate and it saddened me to see them all out in trying to impress the rich ones. That is so wrong. I know it happens a lot in the society as well. Sometimes these crazy fascination with the wonders of the world makes me sick.

Moving on to a lighter note, I hope I will one day find a man who has similar characteristic as my father, humble, kind and responsible. Not many men possess those qualities nowadays. My friend from my hometown kept on asking me to go back to Kuching for good and get a local man to get married to. Geez, I don't think there are anymore available bachelors in Kuching, hahaha. The good ones are already taken! Anyways, I am seriously considering going back to Kuching, maybe in the next 2 years. I keep saying that, I know :P Just hope the rezeki comes in a bit earlier ya? I miss spending time with my family, watching them grow old and grow up. 

Lastly, Happy Father's Day to all daddies out there!
Be a good example and be there as much as you can for your children because it does make a lot of difference of how they perceive the idea of a father figure. And if you ever (God forbid) decide that it doesn't work out with your spouse, please DO NOT plant all kinds of negative perception into your kids's mind just so they won't ask around for their mom/dad. They have the right to the truth. 

Alright now, adios!


Find beauty in everything. Helps cleanse your heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment