Wednesday, May 22, 2013

what i want #1 - a big and close-knit family

One of my best friends told me to first know what I want, then act and focus on what I have decided. You know, after the whole fiasco. It never crossed my mind, honestly. Because, I guess, being compassionate and all, I would put others first before myself and I kept on telling myself that they would change, someday. This turned out to be one of the red flag in my previous relationship.

So what I am gonna do now is jot down what I want for myself in the future. So whenever I think and decide what I want, I'm gonna jot them down in my blog, as and when. This will act as a reminder for me to understand myself and why I choose them in the first place. 

The first thing that I want for myself in the future is to have a big and close-knit family of myself and my future spouse. 

The other day, a friend and I were talking about our families. He is of a mixed parentage of Eurasian, Indian, Chinese,  Portuguese and yada-yada I've lost count. And because of this many mixes of cultures, he has a huge extended family and they would always gather at an aunt's house for festivities or just because, have some makan-makan session and just chill. That is super cool! Imagine hanging out in the huge living room with families of different cultures and just spend the afternoon together. So many stories to share, I tell you. Exciting, don't you think? Well, I hope my future family in law will be a cool family to call them my own :P

I shall continue on what I want in the next entry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment