Tuesday, November 6, 2012

breadwinner

When I was younger, I was the closer one to Papa. I'd ask him all kinds of questions, from intellectual ones to the dummy ones (like why do we fart, Pa?). I'd ask him for study tips, people management tips, why this and that and sometimes I'd also ask him if we could ever have finer things in life. He will always say 'Yes, if we work towards it, God willing', and will always have the time to answer my never-ending questions.

When my family came over in June this year, we were talking about properties and businesses and being the sibuk one in the family, I suggested a family business proposal to Papa, in which, again he said, 'Yes, we can do it, insyallah. "

Well, my point is that, Papa never gives up, even at his toughest time like now. Sure, he used to be in a position where he was able to do whatever he wanted, which could easily be the reason not to give up. But over some 10 years, I've seen him at his strongest point and also his weakest point. I guess that is why I have never blamed him for what we had to go through now. Papa is a quiet man, the kind who will only speak when it is necessary, even to us kids sometimes. But when you get him talking about the things that he loves, boy, he just can't stop. Even now.

That is my Papa from my point of view, the kakak who had seen it all, most of the unspoken words anyway.

Yes, Papa stands through thick and thin, providing his very best to us. He never gives up. Have you seen him cry? Have you heard him complain? Have you heard him blame anything or anyone at all? No, none at all. Which is why we should be giving him support and encouragement in whatever he plans to do.

So to blame Papa for any misfortunes, should be the last thing anyone should do. Anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment