Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have a little faith, my soul

Sure I have my own insecurities.


I never thought I was as beautiful, as pretty as everyone else. It doesn't help that the perception the society has on the definition of beauty has always been, okay here it goes, fair and slim. Yeap, something which I do not have.


Growing up as a chubby child has taken a toll on my self-esteem, and it doesn't help that I was raised in an environment where time for the offspring were never enough and compliments were miserly uttered. 


I was lucky enough to be surrounded with kind people in my own land but eventually, adulthood came and started its way into knowing what the real world was like. Cruel. 


Teens nowadays could probably be thinking the worse thing that could happen to them is fitting in, but no, the worse thing is if you are still able to get up after that fall. Life WILL knock you down, trust me. 

My point is, maybe, just maybe, have a little faith in yourself. It works wonders (faith can move mountains, geddit?). I'm actually telling this to myself because of the reason in the first line. Ngehhhh..


It helps too, to just have a little faith in those around you. Praises, kind words and compliments can be very handy along the way. Been through that rough time numerous times and faith from close friends have always renewed me :)


Have a little faith, my poor soul

No comments:

Post a Comment