Saturday, July 27, 2013

ramadhan updates


Ah, my favorite day of the week again.

I swear nowadays the days go by so fast, the next thing u know, it's just less than 2 weeks before Syawal come knocking on our doors. I have not prepared anything for Raya yet. Mak keeps on calling me reminding me what not to buy. I guess this Raya will be a little bit different. Definitely not as feisty as the previous years but I'm sure it will be more blessed, than ever.

My Ramadhan so far has been great, alhamdulillah. I spent some days breaking fast and terawikh with my cousin, nephews and niece, some days with my close friends, some days alone at home. But I think the best would have to be iftar and terawikh in Masjid Putra with my bestfriend. 

"Ramadhan is not about eating, it is about feeding"

This, retweeted by Wardina, and I couldn't agree more. It's all about feeding the needy and feeding your soul. Just my two cents worth, sometimes I think this hoohaa of feeding the less fortunate during Ramadhan is kind of over-rated. 'Cos that's about the only time when you see their welfare being well taken care of. What happens to them during the rest of the year? Zakat alone is not enough. I don't have the figures to prove my point but just go visit an orphanage and take their word for it.

Speaking of Wardina, I was watching Nona the other day and they were talking about families celebrating Ramadhan. I respect how Wardina educate hers. What she does is that she instills the concept of Ramadhan being the month with the bigger celebration instead of Syawal. Most of us treat Ramadhan otherwise, right? So on the first day of Ramadhan itself before breaking fast, Wardina has put up balloons and other decorative items in her house as if they're going to celebrate a birthday. I think this is pretty clever. So gonna do the same for my kids.

Alright, I better get some sleep now. Been sleep-deprived for days now and tomorrow I sort of need to accompany someone's mum for Raya shopping. Anything to cure my missing my mum. *sobs* Patience Amy, merely 2 weeks more to the land of my favorite people!

Good night, peeps!

"Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts."






No comments:

Post a Comment