Tuesday, June 12, 2012

when the family came to visit

My family's here in KL with me for the school holidays. Their flight on Monday the 4th, landed at 1.30 am and we reached my home at about 3++ am. Boy, were we exhausted. Everyone slept at nearly 5am and woke up extremely late the next day (including my mum, who usually wakes up super early to do house errands).


Well, that is not really my point. 


My point is, I keep minimal things in my fridge and cupboards. Only the things that I'm gonna eat or been waiting to eat for so long (i.e, green beans, eggs, cheese, spices for soups, tom yam and such, barley) and my fridge and cupboards are actually almost empty. 


When my family came, they were instantly filled up with food and MORE FOOD! Be it raw - leaves of all kinds (my mum wants to cook Sarawakian dishes at my home), turmeric, chillies, lime and ready to be eaten food such as biscuits that can only be found in Kuching (including my favourite roti manok), fine mee to make mee kolok (one of Sarawak's famous dishes), and of course, the ever famous, layered cake, or kek lapis as it's famously known as. 


I present to you the after effects!






Life at its best!

Tu belum tambah gambar masakan Mak I sepanjang stay kat sini lagi, nak nanges!
Told Mak I'll need to import her sometime soon to wo-man the house, food-wise! :P
Photos of food will be done in another entry.





No comments:

Post a Comment