Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love isn't always a lightning bolt, you know? Maybe sometimes it's just a choice.

2 days ago I watched a movie called 'Love and Other Disasters' starring Brittany Murphy. I didn't watch the whole movie 'cos I was initially channel-surfing and then watched the movie halfway through.

Basically it's about Brittany whose love principle is that she will only go to bed with the one that she does not love. Until she meets Paolo whom she agrees to get married to just to save him from being deported back to his own country. The ending to her story is pretty predictable but I love every quote that was thrown here and there in the movie. Oh ya, this movie also features love story between gays :P

Let me just jot down the few quotes/lines that I like from the movie :

Emily 'Jacks' Jackson: Stop trying to cast your love instead of just meeting him
Peter Simon: When I meet him, I'll know.
Emily 'Jacks' Jackson: I'm not so sure. Love isn't always a lightning bolt, you know? Maybe sometimes it's just a choice.
Peter Simon: Well, that's easy for you to say! You're flying to Argentina to meet the love of your life!
Emily 'Jacks' Jackson: That's just it. I don't know that Paolo's the love of my life, but I've decided to give him the chance to be. Maybe true love is a decision. You know, a decision to take a chance with somebody. To give to somebody. Without worrying wether they'll give anything back. Or if they're gonna hurt you, or if they really are the one. Maybe love isn't something that happens to you. Maybe it's something you have to choose.


I like! Aye aye to more movies with MORE cool quotes!

No comments:

Post a Comment